Contributions to the development of this site
1. Our Appreciation and gratitude to the traditional Chief Priest of Oparaogu, Chief/Duru Emmanuel Chibuzor Uzoma who have contributed immensely with information for the development of this site, most especially in the areas of our traditional religion and have given us his support, guidance and blessing. Thank you very much Chief/Duru Emmanuel Chibuzor Uzoma.
2. Appreciation to Eze. Kingsley Ezewunwa Odu who provided us with information for this site and gave us his support in the development of this project.
3. Our gratitude also goes to Ihiagwa Parish Priest, Rev fr. Dr. Ejimofor of St. Micheals’ Catholic Parish, Ihiagwa and the St Micheals’ Catholic Parish Catechist for their support especially in the historical perspective of St. Micheals’ Catholic Church.
4. We say thank you to Mazi. Raphael Amadi Uboh and some elders of Ihiagwa who have been very supportive in contributing information and guidance for this site.
5. Appreciation to Emeka Udokporo for providing us useful materials and information on current Ihiagwa issues and encouragement for the continuation of the site.
6. We say thank you Ijeoma Ojiji, an Agric Economics student at the Federal University of Technology, Ihiagwa. Ijeoma Ojiji is the coordinator of this project and also collected and documented the initial materials including photos used for the initiation of this project.
7. Appreciation and thanks to the members and editorials of “the OHA”, A cultural magazine of Ihiagwa Town (maiden issue), published in March 1982. The publishers were then Ihiagwa Students Association at The University of Nigeria Nsukka at that time 1982. Excerpts from the OHA cultural magazine were used on this site. We say thank you to the brilliant Men and women then who made that Magazine possible and some of them includes:
Mazi. Martin I. Ukawuba — Editor in Chief
Mazi. Cletus Anah — Secretary
Mazi. Kenneth A. Ajoku — Production Manager
Mazi. Godspower I. Nkwopara — Associate Editor
Mazi. Anthony Ekeopara — Grand Patron
Mazi. J.O. Muruako — Patron
Mazi. B.M. Udokporo — Patron
Mrs. Lovette Okoro — Matron
Excerpts from the OHA magazine used on this page are:
The Origin of Ihiagwa Community by: J.O Muruako
History of Ihiagwa (An excerpt) by: C.D. Ngoka
“Ije Otamiri” in Ihiagwa town by: K A. Ajoku
Personality Profile: by martin Ukawuba & Kenneth Ajoku
Institutionalisation of Idiocy and Ignorance in Ihiagwa by: Lucky I Ajoku
The History of Ihiagwa Secondary School by: A.I. Nwosu
Self Help Projects in Ihiagwa since 1970 by : J. O. Muruako
Traditional Religion in Ihiagwa by: Obinna Anah.
Ihiagwa’s Past, Present and Future by: Charles O. C. Muruako
The toughest of them all by Cletus Anah
The Origin perspective of Ihiagwa by Gab. A. Amadi
9. Appreciation to Mazi. Patrick Okere for his inputs and encouragement in the making of this site.
OUR TEAM OF WEB MASTERS:
The design, hosting, maintenance and day to day management of Ihiagwa.org is credited to our team of webmasters who are briefly introduced below :
Mazi. Leonard Chijioke Raphael,(B.Eng Computer Engineering, M.Sc) is an indigene of Ihiagwa town, Owerri, Imo-State, Nigeria and is currently residing in Sweden. Mazi. Chijioke Leonard Raphael has several years experience in the ICT and Telecommunication Industry. A Social Entrepreneur and an IP Networking Professional.
Mrs. Leslie Okere has a B.Sc. degree in Computer Information Science with a concentration in Software Engineering. She has worked with IBM as a Technical Services Specialist and currently works with Verisign Inc as a UNIX Engineer. She is currently working on a dual Masters degree in Business Administration and Management Information systems and currently resides in the United states of America.